Tuesday, July 12, 2011

I cannot take this anymore, what should I do?

My mom has really been pissing me off lately. Earlier this morning I had a fever, even though it was a low fever (sore throat, headache, slight nausea), I still felt very sick. I asked my mom where the medicine was and she said right in the linen closet so I checked and found nyquil which would have made me wayyy too tired for right before school (i usually use Tylenol Sore Throat, does the trick). I said I could only find nyquil, and she said there has to be something in there. The only other thing in there was Zicam which never helps my throat at all, I have tried many times. I said I don't know if this will work, I feel really sick. I hadn't even said anything about missing school but my mom just starts going off, "YOU AREN'T MISSING SCHOOL, YOU CAN'T MISS ANYMORE!" So I said okay. She starts yelling at me about my attitude, which, I really don't think that I had, but it could be plausible since I was extremely tired and feeling quite ill. That did make me mad though so I did get a little bit of an attitude because of my headache (yelling+headache=not pleasant) and said can you please just shush. After that she says did you just say shush!?? and starts yelling at my stepdad about how he didn't do anything about it and he needs to make me give her more respect and the only reason I have attitude is because no action is ever taken (I get yelled at at least once everyday for attitude that most of the time I don't think I have and if I do I will admit it but wayy too much action is taken all the time. I took the zicam and went to school so i could just get away from her. When I got home she called and I immediately apologized for my attitude I had that morning (whether I had it or not). This was followed by a 15 minute lecture on how my apology is accepted but she is tired of it and it can never happen anymore and I need to learn that, which makes me mad because I apologized because I did learn that, humans get attitude when they are angry its nature, and I can't always not have one, believe me I do try, I even recorded myself talking all one day to her to see if I did "raise my voice" at her. She is too controlling as well. One day I was at my friends house she called me 4 times in 10 minutes ( no exaggeration) and I picked up each time. She apparently kept forgetting something new. She calls me at least once every hour when I'm out, and if I go somewhere (the gas station for food) and don't call her from that friends house before leaving (or even going somewhere else in there neighborhood) i get yelled at for like 10 minutes. I have to be home by 10 every friday for work at 6 in the morning with my stepdad (not my choice) and 10 on a friday is pretty tough for a close to 17 year old kid. The final part is there is a girl that I used to be good friends with that moved away that is visiting this weekend. My mom is going to maryland for Memorial Day weekend and I can't stay home by myself which is fine, but I told her she could talk to my friends mom about me staying there and she said probably not and if I did I wouldn't be allowed to go back to our house for anything (even though I am like 5 minutes from my friends house-walking). Don't get me wrong, I have made my fair share of mistakes and my mom used to be far more trustworthy and a lot of it is my fault, I admit it. A while ago I got caught smoking pot, and I understand why she can be so controlling. However, it was a while ago, and I don't think she should be AS controlling, and definitely not so mean a lot of the time. She obviously isn't perfect either (been divorced 4 times), so maybe she's the one with the attitude? I can be a very nice kid, and I'm sorry to complain. Please don't just answer with don't complain though, what can I possibly do?

No comments:

Post a Comment