Thursday, July 14, 2011

Dell laptop Wireless adapter and USB ports keep disabling upon restart or shutdown?

I have a Dell inspiron 1764 on Windows 7 and everytime the laptop shuts off or restarts, under the Device Manager tab, the "Dell Wireless 1397 Mini Card ", the "Realtek PCIe Family Controller" and the "Standard Enhanced PCI to USB host controlller" drivers, all have a yellow triangle next to them with an exclamation mark in the middle. When I turn the computer on, all USB ports don't work, neither does the wireless adapter. I simply go to Device Manager and disable these 3 drivers and then enable them again, and the wireless works fully again and so do the USB ports with no problems. I now have to do this everytime I shutdown or restart. This does not happen when the laptop is in sleep mode or hibernation. I changed the wireless network adapter but still the same 3 drivers have to be disabled then enabled to work again. I have been putting up with this for about a month now, and the laptop was fully functional before this. Anybody familiar with this or with a solution, it will be much appreciated.

No comments:

Post a Comment