Friday, July 8, 2011

Help!!! My husband is sick!!?

You want to try and make him comfortable, but there is no need to force foods until he is hungry. Give him lots of fluid (water is the best) and broth and let him rest. A cold compress on the forehead can be soothing or a nice lukewarm bath. 101.8 is not a dangerous temperature and there is no need to try and make it go down at this point. A fever is a sign that his body is fighting off an infection unless he is extremely uncomfortable or in pain I wouldn't give any medication. If he is in pain a little ibuprofen will make him feel a little better. When he does getting hungry start him with very calming foods like crackers, dry toast, rice or cream of rice cereal (this is what I prefer when my belly is upset). Unless he spikes a high fever above 103 I would not be too worried. Just let him rest and give him attention when he needs it and he'll be fine soon then you think.

No comments:

Post a Comment