Tuesday, July 12, 2011

Wanting to buy a home?

My husband and I are looking to buy a home in the near future. The problem is our credit is not the best, I don't have much of it and his is pretty much maxed out. We just got $2000 cash and I think it would be best to send it all to one of his credit cards to take it down about 70%, that would make a big dent in the biggest debt he has. He thinks we should send half as a payment and use the rest as a down payment to buy a car, a used car. I think that is foolishness because; 1. We should'nt get any more debt if we want to buy a house and 2. I have an old, ugly but functional car I can use for a few more months while we clean up our credit and save up to buy a home. He does not agree with me and gets really angry, i'm to the point where I'm just going to let him do what he wants because apparently I don't know what i'm talking about. I want to know what the best strategy is when one wants to buy a home, just for my own sake, my way makes way more sense to me.

No comments:

Post a Comment