Wednesday, July 13, 2011

Am I slowly getting mono?

So about 6 days ago, I started feeling like I was getting sick. It started out like a typical cold- stuffy nose, cough, and a sore throat. It was like this for a few days. Then 2 days ago, I got a mild case of the chills, and I felt very tired. I could still eat and feel fine, my throat would just still hurt and I would still be congested. Then yesterday morning, i woke up after sleeping on floor at my friends house with a stiff neck. At first I thought I just slept wrong on the ground, but now after looking through multiple health websites, it sounds like I actually have swollen lymph nodes, another symptom of mono. My stomach is not abnormally large, and im pretty sure my spleen isnt swollen. Last night, i had enough energy to go to a concert that lasted from 8pm to 1am, so that surprised me, because im sure i wouldnt be able to have done that if I had mono, but I am not sure. So far i've been taking advil, motrin, and nyquil stuff to help with my symptoms, and i feel that its not doing much good. I'm going to ask my mom if she can get me tested if things progress for the worse, but I'd like a second opinion on Yahoo. I'm 15 years of age and male if that matters. Thanks in advance!

No comments:

Post a Comment